Wednesday 21 May 2014

Welcome to Kim's Kickoff

Hello, everyone!

My name is Hayley Kim and I’m an international student from Korea.
I’m really excited and lucky to join in Football BC as a practicum student from now to August.

So now, you are definitely curious who Hayley Kim is.

I’m a girl who is very interested in sports. Sounds weird, doesn’t it?
Generally, girls aren’t interested in sports much (at least I don’t think they are). 

But why am I? 
Well, it’s because of my father who is very sporty.

My father really wanted to share his interests with his kids, and I was the only child until I was 11 years old. So he took me stadiums and let me watch sports matches with him since I was young.

In particular, he always watched baseball games on TV so when it was baseball time, I couldn’t watch other TV programs. So I was exposed to baseball naturally.

Luckily or unluckily I loved it, and I grew up as a girl who is crazy about baseball.

When I was 11 years old, my father got a son but, unfortunately, my brother is not a sporty boy (yet). So until now I’m the best sports mate for my dad.

I’m also a girl who wants to be a sports journalist. 
I couldn’t be satisfied with just being a big fan of sports. Watching sports games, I wanted to feel the atmosphere on the field and meet players in person. 

But I didn’t want to be a sports player, and I knew I was not an athletic person. So I thought about what I could be to achieve my goal, and I found the key.
It was ‘sports journalist’ because I liked writing since my early years and I wanted to be a person who writes. So I connected my talents with my interests.

So now I’m looking forward to having a really great experience to achieve my goal and running this blog will help me to get closer to my dream as well.

But as I mentioned, I’m a big fan of baseball. There is no better place to me than to be in a baseball stadium. If I could, I would get married with a baseball player. Every time my favourite player hit a home run, out of habit I would say I want to marry him.

So you might be curious again why I am with Football BC.

That is because I’m in Canada now.

I’ve noticed that there are many football and hockey teams but only one baseball team in Canada. I thought there were no more interesting sports than baseball before. But people in here are crazy about football and hockey as much as I am about baseball.

So I am wondering why people are fascinated by these sports and I want to know more. Also, I think this is a great chance to widen my knowledge about diverse sports.

In Korea, football is not popular so it’s hard to be interested in it. But we actually have national university football matches every year and 35 universities have their own football teams.

Nevertheless, many people don’t even know we have football matches, and honestly, neither did I.

But I know that Korea got an opportunity to participate in 2015 Sweden Football World Cup. So I expect football will be popular in Korea as well, and I want to know and learn more about football being here.

I don’t have any knowledge about football yet. I just ‘kicked off’. But I want to build my knowledge running this blog to ‘touch down’, and I want to share my journey with you.

I hope you can learn and enjoy with me through this blog as well.

If you have any comments or ideas, please email me anytime.
Also, if you know any hot baseball players, please share with me. I want to expand my view to all over the world!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulation to make your first fomal blog and go a step forward to achieve your dream.
    I guess that it is not long time to gather experience at BC Football but you can have much experience to there.
    And thank for you that you mention to me friendly through your blog.
    Congrstulation to start your first social experience again.
    And God bless everything that you will do.

    ReplyDelete